1. POLICING TACTICS ARE INHERENTLY
2. RACIAL BIAS IS, IN A SENSE, CONTAGIOUS.
3. THEY MAY PERCEIVE THEMSELVES AS BLUE, NOT BLACK.
4. EVEN THEN, IT’S NOT THE PERSONAL PERCEPTION THAT MATTER MOST.
5. CULTURAL STEREOTYPES AFFECT EVERYONE.
6. THE FEAR OF REPERCUSSIONS FORCES SOME OFFICERS INTO SILENCE.
USE LINK FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
6 Reasons Why Black Cops Are Just As or More Likely To Propagate Racism in Law Enforcement
BY: LEON KWASI KUNTUO-ASARE
In the so-called liberal and tolerant city by the bay, eight San Francisco law enforcement officers have been suspended and are expected to be fired for sending out racist and homophobic texts.
The discovery raises issues on whether the officers have abused their authority in the past toward ethnic minorities and the gay population.
The ugly messages were uncovered during a federal corruption investigation.
Here is an additional link on the story:
WE NEED TO TAKE YOUR GUNS
THE GOVERNMENT SAID SO INNOCENTLY
SO SAFE AND WITHOUT VIOLENT CRIME SOCIETY WILL BE
WE WILL PROTECT YOU AND ENSURE YOUR SAFETY
THE GOVERNMENT POLICY PEDDLERS SAID TO MY FELLOW AMERICANS AND ME
YOUR TAXES WILL NOT GO UP
YOUR UPGRADED SECURITY IS ALMOST FREE
THE ONLY THING WE MUST DEMAND FROM THEE
IS THE MEAGER FEE
THAT WILL ONLY CONSIST OF YOUR PERSONAL LIBERTY!
-LEON KWASI KUNTUO-ASARE
AMERICA :DIVIDED WE STAND? !A COLLECTION OF POLITICAL AND SOCIAL POETRY
NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON KINDLE