1. BROADWAY FEDERAL BANK FSB, LOS ANGELES
2. CARVER STATE BANK, SAVANNAH, GEORGIA
3. CITIZENS TRUST BANK, ATLANTA
4. FIRST INDEPENDENCE BANK, DETROIT
5. FIRST STATE BANK, DANVILLE, VIRGINIA
6. ILLINOIS SERVICE FEDERAL SAVINGS & LOAN, CHICAGO
7. INDUSTRIAL BANK, WASHINGTON , D.C
8. MECHANICS & FARMERS BANK, DURHAM, NORTH CAROLINA
9. NORTH MILWAUKEE STATE BANK, MILWAUKEE
10. SEAWAY BANK & TRUST CO. , CHICAGO
USE LINK FOR FULL ARTICLE AND HISTORY:
Shawn Wolf with event staff.
BY: LEON KWASI KUNTUO-ASARE
A throwback to the days of Malcolm X and Marcus Garvey, local bay area activist out of East Oakland California, Shawn Wolf hopes to accomplish with his charity the “Bay area black community” what his two predecessors could not, and that’s group economics and a thriving middle class in the African-American community.
On his website Wolf states: “The Bay Area Black Community is dedicated to the economic empowerment, education & training of the Black African extended family…. including our history; with emphasis on re-establishing our kinship to one another! ”
Wolf’s organization is only about a year old and they have already started to impact the economically disenfranchised East Oakland black community, holding their first Town Hall meeting and Job Fair at William Chapel Missionary Baptist Church February 28, 2015 , with plans for a second event on May 16, 2015.
If anyone would like to checkout Shawn Wolf or the Bay Area Black Community Organization, please visit Bayareablack.org or Https:// http://www.facebook.com/Bayareablackcommunity